Friday, May 18, 2007

THAT DOG needs a blanket

You guys are the best. A HUGE thank you for your thoughtful responses to my questions on the mating habits of whippoorwills and penguins :)

In other news, it's May 18th here in greater Boston (and possibly elsewhere, too, but really who can think of that now?) and it's 43 degrees outside. It's only 51 degrees here in the living room. I am cold, cold, shivery cold, but I can't bring myself to turn on the heat. It's MAY! I've planted flowers and painted my toenails, which are my official signals to God that a long string of 70 degree days is entirely appropriate from this point on. (Honestly - sometimes it feels like He's ignoring me altogether, as if He's got some greater plan or something???)

Speaking of which...I'm pulling together the proposal for book two this weekend, here in the Arctic tundra. All prayers for Holy inspiration (and for this metallic keyboard to warm up) gladly received :)

11 comments:

Patti said...

good luck on the proposal.

yesterday, here in the land of heat (texas), our day started with a 60 degree wake up...today in the 50's.

damn global warming...

Beth said...

And here I was, upset this morning because the high today here is 72 degrees. You have it much worse. Sorry about that- I hate the cold. But it's got to get warmer soon, right? It's almost summer!

LEstes65 said...

Book 2: How I Met The Fabulous Lynette and How It Changed My Life Forever.

Stacy said...

Good luck with the proposal and have a great weekend

Anonymous said...

Wishing you some awesome inspiration! Gosh darn it...everyone knows painted toes should ensure warm weather, right? Mine are pink... I think the sun is out.

Maddy said...

Fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the proposal. I know it will go well.
It was so warm here all last week, this week freezing. Your good, cause I broke down and cranked up the heater. I hate to be cold. My hubby keeps turning it off, but overall I win. I think this is why eveyone is so sick, with allergy type stuff. Summer will come, right? Peace, Eileen

Jenster said...

Hello Trish,

I've seen you around and thought I'd stop by. (I hope that doesn't sound like a pick up line.)

Good luck with book #2 and I'm looking forward to seeing book #1.

I'm just outside of Philly and it was cold yesterday. It's cold right now, too! But at the moment I prefer it over sweltering.

Angela said...

I love this weather. The highs have been around 70 lately and I love waking up to a chilly morning. Perfection. Good luck on your proposal!

Admin said...

I'm a first-time visitor. I saw your comment on the Aspberger's blog (I've forgotten the name...), and just had to stop by. I thought your comments were right-on.

God bless as you work on your book proposal.

And may the weather turn warm...soon!

Jenny said...

Brr! Hope it warms up soon. Best wishes on the proposal...you are an inspiration!